DevDAO is looking for talented community members to contribute their skills and expertise to grow our developer ecosystem. We have a pretty large scope of work and want to compensate contributors through our DAO. If you’re passionate about our mission and want to get involved, we encourage you to apply.
Areas of work
We’re looking for contributors in the following areas:
- Community Management: Engage with our community across various social platforms, gather feedback, and provide general moderation.
- Developer Relations: Create better documentation, coordinate community meetings, and organize events such as hackathons and meetups.
- Engineering: Develop our DevHub as a product using your front-end, full-stack, and smart contract development skills.
- Other: We need help scouting, screening, and supervising paid contributors.
We expect paid contributors to commit 10-40 hours per week based on their own availability. We’re looking for self-starters who can take initiative, work independently, disambiguate needs, and communicate effectively.
How to become a contributor
Interested individuals should first familiarize themselves with DevDAO and the DevHub. Then review the areas where we need help and ensure that you have the skills and experience necessary to contribute.
To become a paid contributor, please follow these steps:
1) Application: Reply to the open call post on DevHub with the following information:
- A summary of your background, including a link to our resume and LinkedIn profile if available.
- A statement on why you are interested in getting involved, what areas you are interested in contributing to, and how you believe you have the skills and experience.
- The number of hours per week you can commit to and your hourly compensation expectations in USDC, including justification (see guidelines).
- Your Telegram handle and/or contact information.
- Your availability in UTC (or a Calendly link) for a 30-minute call in the upcoming two weeks.
2) Evaluation: The DevDAO team will review submissions on a weekly basis and schedule a call with you if there is a good fit. This is a chance for us to meet, discuss your interest and how you can contribute, and answer any questions you have.
3) Approval: If we agree to move forward, we’ll ask you to create a solution post on DevHub outlining your proposed scope of work for two weeks, including the deliverables, timeline, and compensation amount in USDC. Upon acceptance, DevDAO will reply with a formal sponsorship (fast grant) to approve the funding, and work can begin. Please note funding is contingent on you passing our KYC.
If you have any questions about becoming a contributor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you start contributing
Once you start contributing, we’ll designate a point of contact and also invite you to a weekly stand-up to align on your progress or any needs. We will also invite you to our Telegram group with all other previous contributors where you can ask questions and share resources.
We want to create visibility on the progress we are making, so we will ask each contributor to submit a report on DevHub every two weeks with the work they completed. We will also use this report for processing the funding.